Visitors to Lake Tyler come from everywhere, from Tyler and throughout Texas, and from other states. Some drive, many travel in RVs, and others fly into Tyler Pounds Regional Airport. Everyone needs lodging, and a place to eat, and we're hoping this page helps!
For those visiting Lake Tyler on a weekend or a short vacation or for a bass fishing tournament, Tyler has a large number of hotels, motels, B&Bs and other lodging available.
Lodging options range from economy motels to extended-stay suites to upscale hotels. Many are a short drive from Lake Tyler.
Camp Tyler offers a number of activities, and cabins. Please inquire about options at the Camp Tyler website.
Several RV parks are also located in the area, including the RV park at the Lake Tyler Marina.
Bed & Breakfasts around the Tyler area offer exceptional amenities and services.
Want to be near Tyler's major shopping outlets, the Broadway Square Mall, and popular Tyler restaurants? Stay in the South Broadway Corridor at one of these properties.
- Courtyard by Marriott, new in 2010 - 7424 South Broadway - near Kohl's, across the parking lot from SmashBurger and Subway, across Broadway from Carmike 14 Theater
- Hilton Garden Inn - South Broadway at Grande Boulevard, on the Rose Rudman Recreational Trail, close to Clear Springs Texas Seafood and Spring Creek Bar-B-Que
- Holiday Inn Select - South Broadway, near Chuy's and Panera Bread, across from Outback Steakhouse and Olive Garden
- Best Western Southpark Inn & Suites - just off South Broadway, next to Holiday Inn Select, two blocks from Broadway Square Mall
- Candlewood Suites - just off South Broadway on Rieck Road
- Comfort Suites - just off South Broadway on Rieck Road
- Sleep Inn & Suites - just off South Broadway, on Donnybrook Avenue near Rieck Road, across from the Rose Rudman Trail and Premier Fitness
- Country Inn and Suites by Carlson - on South Broadway near Robert E. Lee Drive, next to Papacita's Mexican Restaurant, across from Cheddar's Restaurant, close to Target and Wal-Mart
Need to stay near Loop 323 and its connections to Lake Tyler? Then consider:
The Tyler area features a number of RV parks in all parts of the city, and in all directions from the city. Listed below are a sampling of parks available to RVers:
- Lake Tyler Marina and RV Park - conveniently located in the Concession #1 area at the southwest corner of Lake Tyler
- 5-Star RV Park - 10929 CR 35 (Lavender Road), 2.3 miles south of I-20 and 2.4 miles north of Loop 323
- #1 RV Park of Tyler - 12421 State Highway 31 W, 2 miles west of Tyler's Loop 323. Member of Good Sam Club, Woodalls, and many other fine RV Discount Clubs
- Tyler State Park - north of Tyler
- Lake Palestine Resort RV Park - on Texas Highway 155 just off the Lake Palestine bridge
- JB's RV Resort - on the west side of Lake Palestine, near Chandler, Texas
- Palestine Pines RV Campground & Marina Park Resort - on the east side of Lake Palestine, in Dogwood City, Texas
- R Place RV Park & Campground - near Lake Palestine and Lake Jacksonville, on US84 between Rusk and Palestine
- Big Steve's RV Park & Marina
- Whispering Pines RV and Cabin Resort - on 47 acres north of Tyler at 5583 FM 16 East
- Lion's RV Park - north of Tyler at 4413 FM 16W.
- Springcreek RV Resort - 2.8 miles west of Loop 323 on Highway 64 west of Tyler
- Palestine Pines RV Campground & Marina Park - eastern shore of Lake Palestine
- K.E. Bushman's Camp - south of Tyler on US 69 in Bullard near the Kiepersol Winery & Celebration Center
- AOK RV Park - just east of Flint on FM 346, close to US 69
Tyler dining and restaurants
Tyler offers a wide variety of dining opportunities and venues, from small local eateries to national chain restaurants. Available cuisines include American fare, Mexican, Italian, BBQ, Oriental, seafood, steaks, burgers, and most any other taste and food tradition.
Tyler Pounds Regional Airport
Tyler Pounds Regional Airport (TYR) is a state-of-the-art regional airport completely rebuilt in 2002.
The airport features jet service, on-site parking, rental car facilities and easy access from various areas of East Texas. The airport is located only 10 minutes west of downtown Tyler on Texas Highway 64, at 700 Skyway Boulevard. The IATA airport code is TYR. Rental cars are available on site from Hertz, Avis, and National; on-site short-term and long-term parking is also available.