Visitors to Lake Tyler come from everywhere, from Tyler and throughout Texas, and from other states. Some drive, many travel in RVs, and others fly into Tyler Pounds Regional Airport. Everyone needs lodging, and a place to eat, and we're hoping this page helps!
For those visiting Lake Tyler on a weekend or a short vacation or for a bass fishing tournament, Tyler has a large number of hotels, motels, B&Bs and other lodging available.
Lodging options range from economy motels to extended-stay suites to upscale hotels. Many are a short drive from Lake Tyler.
Camp Tyler offers a number of activities, and cabins. Please inquire about options at the Camp Tyler website.
Several RV parks are also located in the area, including the RV park at the Lake Tyler Marina.
Bed & Breakfasts around the Tyler area offer exceptional amenities and services.
- Marriott Courtyard, new in 2010 - 7424 South Broadway
- Holiday Inn Select - South Broadway
- Best Western Southpark Inn & Suites - just off South Broadway
- Hilton Garden Inn - just off South Broadway & Grande Blvd.
- Candlewood Suites - just off South Broadway at Rieck Road
- Comfort Suites - just off South Broadway at Rieck Road
- Sleep Inn & Suites - just off South Broadway at Rieck Road
- Country Inn and Suites by Carlson- just off South Broadway near Robert E. Lee Drive
- Holiday Inn Express - Loop 323 SE at University Blvd.
- Staybridge Suites - just off East 323 near UTT and hospitals; opened Jan 2011
- Hampton Inn - Near Loop 323 and Highway 110
- Residence Inn - Near Loop 323 and Highway 110
- LaQuinta - Loop 323 near FM 2493 (Old Jacksonville Road)
- Baymont Inn & Suites - Loop 323 SW at Texas Highway 155
- Fairfield Inn - Loop 323 South
The Tyler area features a number of RV parks in all parts of the city, and in all directions from the city. Listed below are a sampling of parks available to RVers:
Tyler dining and restaurants
Tyler offers a wide variety of dining opportunities and venues, from small local eateries to national chain restaurants. Available cuisines include American fare, Mexican, Italian, BBQ, Oriental, seafood, steaks, burgers, and most any other taste and food tradition.
For those desiring to eat at Lake Tyler, we recommend the convenient South Lake Grill on Lake Tyler at the Lake Tyler Marina.
Tyler Pounds Regional Airport
Tyler Pounds Regional Airport (TYR) is a state-of-the-art regional airport completely rebuilt in 2002.
The airport features jet service, on-site parking, rental car facilities and easy access from various areas of East Texas. The airport is located only 10 minutes west of downtown Tyler on Texas Highway 64, at 700 Skyway Boulevard. The IATA airport code is TYR. Rental cars are available on site from Hertz, Avis, and National; on-site short-term and long-term parking is also available.